Photos via ShopBop
It’s holiday gifting time and I’ve been racking my brain about what type of gift guide to write. Just like it’s difficult to pick out a gift, it’s difficult to pick out gifts for a guide. Plus, women who love fashion are the hardest to buy for. They have very specific tastes, and the stuff they want they tend to buy for themselves.
The more I thought about it, the more I thought about the clutch, that little bag you carry and put a few things in, usually when venturing out in the evening. It’s an excellent gift for a style-obsessed woman for several reasons:
1. If she doesn’t like it she can use it as a makeup bag.
2. If she doesn’t like it, it’s impersonal enough that she can re-gift it.
3. Clutches don’t take up much space, so even if she only likes it a little bit she can tuck it into a drawer or closet without resentment.
4. It’s not the type of bag she’ll use every day so it’s OK if it’s slightly outside of her typical style.
5. If you buy the right size, it can double as an iPad or computer case.
6. If she doesn’t like it, she can use it as a travel case for jewelry.
7. Clutches are less expensive than normal handbags.
8. You’ll have bought a fashion gift for a fashion person, and that’s a brave endeavor. You might even get lucky! If that’s the kind of relationship you have. Or are hoping for. Onward for the clutches!