- Peter Frampton is playing at the Herbst Theater (if you’re not in the Bay Area, check out the rest of his tour here)! If you’re on the younger side, you might not know him, unless you caught the Simpson’s episode he cameoed in (and even that was a minute ago). But for me, he was one of my biggest teenage heartthrobs. In particular, the song “I’m in You” was an important song on the soundtrack of my youth. At 65, he has evolved as a musician and performer, gaining respect beyond his former heartthrob status, with less hair, but more guitar chops.
This is what the album cover looked like unfolded. I swooned for hours looking at this as a kid.
I had the 45 record (does anyone know what that means?), the jacket was the above image. Pink satin pants + patchwork lace shirt = teenage dreams (and something I want in my closet now).
2. The de Young museum in San Francisco is opening an Oscar de la Renta retrospective on Saturday, curated by Vogue’s André Leon Talley. Check out these fun photos from the opening gala on Wednesday evening, and read this interview with Mr. Talley.
3. Iggy Pop’s new album is out! You can listen below:
4. One of my favorite local designers, Erica Tanov, is hosting a trunk show at her Berkeley shop tomorrow, Saturday, March 12 from 12-5pm. the designers include: Piece x Piece, Cathy Callahan, Moo Young, Specialty Dry Goods and Sierra Reading. Also, her shop is stunning. Check it out at 1827 Fourth St., Berkeley.
5. On Monday (3.14, get it?), it’s Pi Day at The Exploratorium! Admission is free all day, and they will host festivities throughout the day, including serving pie. Check out all the details here.
6. It’s gonna be a rainy weekend in the Bay Area; I’m all about hunkering down and listening to some seriously good music.