Yesterday baby Frida and I got a sneak peek at the new San Francisco Uniqlo store. It’s beautiful! Check out my little Curbed write-up here, and Curbed’s great photos of the interior. I wanted to share with you guys some of my own photos, and let you know about some amazing stuff you’ll find when the place finally, after much fanfare, opens its doors on Friday at 10am.
1. A magic mirror that lets you see how you look in various colors of Uniqlo’s famed puffer jacket without actually changing!
2. $10 skinny jeans in a rainbow of colors, special SF price while supplies last
3. Fleece ponchos that don’t really look like fleece
4. Cashmere sweaters for $50 (SF price only, regularly $90)
5. Women’s flannel shirts in fun, bright colors and prints
6. Men’s flannel shirts in fun, bright colors and prints
7. Fleece in an incredible array of colors and patterns
8. Uniqlo’s Orla Kiely collab. The fabric is lovely, the prints are happy.
9. Their Double Standard Clothing collab. Minimalist and polar opposite of the Kiely look, but beautiful and covetable.
If you haven’t already heard, they’re gifting the first 500 shoppers with an item made of Uniqlo’s famed heat-tech fabric. The ribbon cutting is tomorrow at 9:45, and doors open at 10! Be there if you love maniacal crowds! And amazing prices on limited-supply merch, of course. I will likely take my chances and wait until next week when it’s hopefully more sane. If you go, let me know what you got. Meanwhile, Stylenik will be snapping some photos at the VIP party tonight! Check back next week to see who was there to seen (The mayor and Joe Montana are on the guest list).