The teen started school a full two weeks ago, and preschool begins next week. It all means I need to get a little more organized and streamlined about getting myself out the door. Maybe you do too?
As I mentioned recently, I am newly obsessed with my brows, but perfecting them is not going to happen on mornings like this one when I spilled salad dressing (left out from dinner last night) on my computer, and later spilled a protein smoothie on it. Lord knows why it’s still allowing me to type things—it’s best not to ask questions in such situations.
So I have a minimal beauty routine for just this kind of morning (almost every morning), which involves just six products, and some of them aren’t even necessary on a daily basis. Each one is a longtime favorite that I’ve been using for years—no jumping on beauty trends around these parts! Well, not right now anyway.
1. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads, $35: Apply one of these to your face and neck in the evening and you’ll wake up with a glow that requires little to no makeup. Note: You might want to opt for a darker-colored pillow case.
2. Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush, $30: If you do want to add a little something extra, this all-purpose stick will do the trick. It might look dark in the photo, but it blends nicely. You can also use it on your lips and eyelids!
3. Burt’s Bees Soothing Lip Balm With Eucalyptus and Menthol, $3.29: If you use the cheek stain on your lips, there’s a chance it could make them feel a bit dry. I always like to swipe a balm over my lip color anyway, and this one has a minty tingle that will wake you right up.
4. Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Eye-Firming Treatment, $10 (on sale!): I got this as a gift when I attended an event a couple years ago. I use it daily and I swear the puffiness under my eyes has been minimized.
5. Kevin Murphy Motion Lotion, $30: Finger-comb this through your hair when it’s damp, then twist it into ringlets and let it air dry. If you’re lucky you’ll get a few days out of the beachy-waves style. Plus it smells amazing!
6. Demeter Dirt Cologne Spray, $20: If you’re like me you don’t always have time to shower in the morning, or every day for that matter. I have been a fan of this scent for about 20 years. It reminds me of playing in the dirt as a kid but is also strangely fresh. And it’s subtle enough that it won’t overpower the carpool.